|When can the infection be diagnosed
Jun 24, 2001
When can the HIV be diagnosed by proper tests after being infected? in other words, if I suspect my infection after a sexual interaction, when can I perform testing, to get acurate results?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The standard antibody test are often positive by 6 weeks after infection and essentially always positive by 3-6 months after infection. A HIV RNA test would be positive within 1-2 weeks after infection but is more expensive and note as widely available worldwide. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.