3TC, D4T CRIXIVAN, ARE YOU BLOATED?

Hello, Ive been on 3tc,d4t and crixivan for 9 months now. I have noticed over the last couple of weeks, severe bloating, stomach distention, and just a general feeling of being full. I have decreased my food intake but still remain uncomfortably bloated even after the smallest meals. I have normal movements,no excess gas or any pain. I've gained several pounds since this began. Am I the only one? Thanks for the website!!!!!!!!!!!!!I forgot to mention 580 cd4 31% and undetecable for 6 months now.

Response from Dr. Cohen

You're not alone. Abdominal distension and bloating seems to be reported by a number of people taking Crixivan, though I've learned about it more from my patients and the Internet (where it's commonly known as "Crix Belly") than from anything that's written in the medical literature.

Importance of Taking Food with ViraCept
Protease Dosing Schedule