SO IM BLOATED...NOW WHAT?

HELLO, I TOO AM SUFFERING FROM ABDOMINAL DISTRESS, BLOATING, WHICH YOU HAVE DESCRIBED AS "CRIX BELLY." IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SUPPRESS THIS HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECT OR SHOULD I CONSIDER CHANGING PROTEASES. MORE IMPORTANTLY,YOU MENTIONED YOU HAVE SEEN IT ON THE NET. I CANNOT LOCATE ANY INFO ON THIS. ANY LIGHT YOU CAN SHED ON THIS MATTER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. SO FAR IVE HAD CHEST XRAYS ABDOMINAL XRAYS AND UPPER GI SERIES ALL NORMAL...THANKS YOUR INFO IS INVALUABLE!!

Response from Dr. Cohen

I know very little about "Crix belly" other than what I see in my patients and what I read on the Web, since not much has been written about it. It is possible that a change of protease inhibitors might help.

I just pulled this off the Web, for those of you who are interested in discussing this with other "Crix-takers":

Crix-List:

CRIX-LIST is an internet discussion list for people who are currently taking, anticipate taking, or are interested in Crixivan. Crixivan is the protease inhibitor from Merck and Co. which has recently been approved by the FDA.

CRIX-LIST is not in any way associated with or supported by Merck.

This list is an outgrowth of my personal experiences with getting Crixivan delivered to my physician after being selected in the 1995 lottery and complying with all the enrollment requirements.

To subscribe to this list, send an e-mail message to "Crix-List@PinkPage.com" with just the word "subscribe" in the SUBJECT of the message. (No quotation marks, of course.)

Crixivan drug intake regime/timing concern
Importance of Taking Food with ViraCept