Trizivir - Side effects?

As early as last thursday(June 14, 2001), I began HIV treatment for the first time since infection. I am presently taking a combination med called Trizivir. I am having some nauseau, and a few loose stool movements. None of the side-effects on Trizivir warning card have occured at this point. At least not to a degree that seems to warrant an office visit. In a nutshell, I feel worse than I did before starting therapy. Is it likely that these conditions will abate? Is my body simply reacting to the new medicines? Although I assumed there would be side effects to treatment, I guess I didn't realise that the initial steps toward controlling HIV would make me feel as bad as they have. Am I simply over-reacting?

Thank you so much for your time and consideration of my request(s). I appreciate the time and energy that "thebody.com" has brought forth. Many, many, thanks for your informative and caring help.

Mark

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Dear Mark, I am sorry that you are having these symptoms. It is not uncommon for patients receiving Trizivir to have some GI side effects, most commonly due to the AZT component of Trizivir. Usually these symptoms are transient, and they resolve within a few weeks. Be sure to take the medication with some food in your stomach. If the nausea persists, call your health care provider who may be able to prescribe something for the nausea. or if necessary, switch the AZT to another medication. Good luck!

amoxicillin sensitivity
Viagra works with 3TC+D4T+Sustiva?