amoxicillin sensitivity

My doctor put me on Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate) a few days ago to help treat itchy boils on my beard line and buttocks (possible staph). I have a history of sulfa sensitivity which I was desensitized to. My problem is I have felt malaise and pressure headaches since I was on Augmentin for one day which was not present before. Last night, I had a night sweat. Should I just stay on Augmentin hoping this will subside? Do the side effects go away? My VL is 78,000 and CD4 are under 20.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Augmentin is not related to any of the sulfa drugs, so I feel confident that your symptoms are not due to sulfa allergy. The malaise, headache and night sweat could be due to the Augmentin, or could be present for another reason. I suggest calling your health care provider if these symptoms persist.

Switching Meds
Trizivir - Side effects?