Is this chicken skin

I took 3tc, d4t and Crixivan for 1.5 years- 1998-2000. I took a holiday because I didnt think the protocol was doing anything- in a positive direction, no pun intended. Just to let people know, while off the protocol I noticed mild skin thinning, about 4 months later- after having stopped the cocktail. This continued for about 8 months, then I noticed it hitting my butt. I immediately went back on the cocktail, 3tc, d4t, and sustiva. The lypodystrophy seemed to accelerate and within 6 weeks, it had continued to remove fat from my butt, both arms, legs, chest, the back of my neck, shoulders, and face. Ive since stopped dt4 and have replaced it with abacavir- it seems to continue. My cheeks are gone, but the skin is still kinda think so I guess this will simply take some time to thin out. Does this seem unusual to you, and if so, is there anything I can do to slow it down. My skin is starting to feel like a chicken before you put it into the oven- skin is starting to move everywhere.

Thanks again,

Michael- Toronto Canada

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Dear Muchael, your skin thinning sounds very significant. Skin problems are very common in HIV-infected persons, and occur at some time in over 85% of patients. Skin changes on antiretroviral therapy do not generally include the severe thinning that you describe, and I am curious that it has continued despite stopping your regimen, and dramatically changing it. I would strongly suggest seeing a dermatologist with expertise in the care of HIV-infected persons. Good luck!

fat loss with testosterone
mushy muscles, part 2