Carbon tablets for gas

I have agenerase related extremely smelly and huge volume of gas. Would carbon tablets interfere with absorption of the medicine if I were to take them at the same time as the meds? Would it be ok to take the carbon tablets 2 hours after the medicine by which time the medicine should have been absorbed? Carbon is supposed to interfere with mineral absorption but maybe the meds would be ok. What does agenerase do in the gut that causes so much gas and diarrhea?

I assume you are referring to tablets such as Calcium Carbonate found in antacids like Mylanta or Maalox. It may be worth trying. Simethicone containing meds sometimes help as well. If tried I would separate the amprenavir from the antacids by at least one hour. GI complaints are quite common with Agenerase--why exactly I don't know. I assume that you don't have any evidence of pancreatic insufficiency, H pylori disease, lactose intolerance, etc all of which could contribute to your complaints. You might also experiment with the type of food that you take with Agenerase to see if anything seems to help (only avoiding high fat foods). KH

Nausea Patch Drug Interactions/HAART
Charcoal I meant, not carbon