Night Sweats Good?

I have been + for 13 years and still get night sweats. Aside from the fact that I live in Southern California where the nights can be hot ... can it be a "good thing"? If we have those night sweats, can that be the body's way of "getting rid of things"? Can it be some sort of natural cleansing? I used to worry about it but now I'm wondering if my body is just finding a way to release what "ails" me.

First time on the site tonight. Am amazed at this forum - the questions and the answers. Thank you all for being part of this.

Perry.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I'm not sure night sweats can be called "good". They generally follow a fever (which may result from the body trying to fight off an infection or deal with another problem) and reflect that something is wrong, but may also result from local conditions (such as hot California nights) or other factors. Given the chronicity of your night sweats they are unlikely to indicate much of anything, but you should still discuss these with your doctor and make sure that something is not being missed.

Possible HGH Risk?
scared, please clarify