Heart Surgery

I want to know if you have had heart surgery, is it possible that you will start to lose wait? If so, I want to know if it is okay to take this medicine. I didn't want to take and it give me more heart problems. Thank You!

Response from Dr. Boyle

You can lose weight after any major surgery, but you should see your doctor and discuss this with him/her to make sure something else is not causing the problem. Antiretrovirals can be safely used in patients that have had heart problems, but some (especially the protease inhibitors) can cause lipid and other problems that may complicate your cardiac condition and so should be avoided, if possible. Again, check with your doctor on this one.

Oily skin and acne
Androgens Cause Facial Wasting?