Jun 6, 2001
I want to know if you have had heart surgery, is it possible that you will start to lose wait? If so, I want to know if it is okay to take this medicine. I didn't want to take and it give me more heart problems. Thank You!
| Response from Dr. Boyle
You can lose weight after any major surgery, but you should see your doctor and discuss this with him/her to make sure something else is not causing the problem. Antiretrovirals can be safely used in patients that have had heart problems, but some (especially the protease inhibitors) can cause lipid and other problems that may complicate your cardiac condition and so should be avoided, if possible. Again, check with your doctor on this one.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.