|ddi/d4t and neuropathy
May 30, 2001
I have had severe neuropathy for about 4 years which has been caused by DDI, d4T and Hydroxyurea. I shall be coming off this combination in the next weeks or so. What are the chances of the neuropathy resolving itself over time? Are there any treatments that can stimulate nerve growth? What about L-Acetyl Carnitine (is this the same as L-Carnitine?) - does this cause regrowth of nerves?
Many Many thanks for your time!!
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Generally, peripheral neuropathy does improve to some degree when the medications are discontinued, although this may take some time. There are no commercially available agents that have been shown to reverse medication-induced peripheral neuropathy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.