Fat pocket problems and solution

About six years ago, before I went onto my current cocktail (3 years, Viracept, 3tc, ddi), I developed a small pocket of fat just to the left of my navel. Year after year it has ever so slowly eroded, but hardly. I hated it.

Just for the hell of it, I bought a Homedics percussion massager for a backache and decided to use it on the pocket. Ten minutes a day, every day, religiously. It seemed stupid to attempt this bizarre technique, especially after several months with no real evidence of change, but I stuck to the regimen. Yet change was happening, and finally I can see this hideous lump is disappearing.

Is it simply following what would have been its normal course? I don't think so, because I really do see evidence of change. If I'm not out of my mind, why is this happening? I'm delighted, but still perplexed.

BB

I have not heard of that treatment approach for localized fat accumulations. They do sometimes get bigger then smaller without a clear explanation. If the fat pocket stays away in your case then that is noteworthy but not proof that such an approach would work in most cases. I wouldn't have guessed ahead of time that such a mechanical approach would work but I am still learning about such things. Perhaps in 6-12 months you could provide this site with some follow-up to see if the good results are lasting for you. KH

red spots
trreatment