swollen lymph nodes in neck
May 28, 2001
i have had swollen lymph nodes in neck i also sometimes have a runny nose i have had it for 2 weeks and little red spots on my chest but my mom says it is from the sun its been about two months since i last had sex should i go test and what are some other signs of hiv
Response from Dr. Henry
THose symptoms are very nonspecific and wouldn't generally me a signal that you are HIV infected. The major risk for HIV-unprotected sex with an HIV infected person- is still not fully appreciated. If there is a chance that you have been truly exposed to HIV in that manner (or sharing needles) then you should get tested. The symptoms you describe are not a sign of HIV in the vast majority of situations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Cbc Tell If There Is Hiv On A Person Who Has Not Been Tested For Hiv?
- Teaching Handouts For Hiv
- What Experts Say The Chances Of Catching Hiv From A One Night Stand?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Does Garlic Help Hiv Patients?
- Is Yeast Infection A Sign Of Aids Or Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.