Combivir/Stocrin SWITCH side effects

Dear Dr. Aberg,

I red that some of the side effects of taking stocrin can be headaches, I get them quite often due to sinus problems, can I take Advil? Is there anything I cannot take for headaches? Can I take vitamine C? In case that I have severe diahorrea can I take Imodium? Lastly, is there a place in the internet or a book I can consult for a more detailed explanation of the medicines that I should not take while taking stocrin?

Grateful if could answer my questions.

Thanks for replying and have a nice day.

Martin

Response from Dr. Aberg

Sorry for the delay, I was away for a week.

It is fine to take advil (ibuprofen) for your headaches, but I always recommend that you discuss these issues with your doctor. It is important that your doctor know what symptoms you are having so that she/he can tell you what is wrong and treat you properly.

Imodium is okay as well, but again I am going to tell you to discuss this with your doctor. I don't want to assume anything because I can't examine you. There can be many reasons for having diarrhea and may require different treatments.

I would suggest you go to the home page of The Body and click on treatment. Under Treatment, go to the Antiviral Medication section and click on Efavirenz. There are lots of useful links that discuss side effects and drug interactions. Also another useful source that many people forget is your pharmacist. The pharmacist who dispenses the drugs to you is very knowledgable and many times has information sheets that he/she can give you and discuss with you.

nukes non-nukes and tides
Help me please!!