Viracept/Stocrin Combo

Dear Dr. Bartlett, Until a week ago I was on a Comvivir/Viracept Combo, After discussions with my Doc, we decided that I will switc for Comvivir/Stocrin which I have (7 days ago), I must say that I have not have a lot of the side effects except feeling a bit dizy, today, this morning I have noticed that My left arm, specially my left hand feels numb, like if my muscles were speeling, Is this part of the side effects?, should I worry about this? I also feel my face like if it was a bit hot and the muscles in my checks also a bit numb. Grateful If you could answer this question.

Response from Dr. Bartlett

For our other readers, Stocirn is the brand name for efavirenz, (Sustiva), outside of the US. After starting Stocrin, it is not uncommon to have a period of dizziness. The dizziness is usually transient and will resolve after 2-3 weeks. The symptoms in your left arm are uncommon for a drug reaction; usually drug reactions are symmetric; ie involve both sides. I suggest that you contact your health care provider about the left arm symptoms and get their advice. Good luck!

Kaletra with Klonopin
swollen lymph nodes in neck