6 or 12 months

Dear Dr. Henry, High reards for you! Would you please speak to the issue of testing beyond 6 months? On 2 other forums medical doctors are suggesting strongly in their responses that 12 months is a recommended time frame for testing. The CDC continues to recommend 6 months. Is their somthing that people are not being told? I tested negative at 3 4 5 6 7 8 months and today I had testing done for a 9 month test. I also paid for an antibody test which is to pick up hiv 1 and 2. I am not at peace and with the conflicting info no wonder people get specialized tests done. I am open and receptive to doing anything to rule hiv out-where or what test should I have done NOW? I am still a basket case.

Over 10 years ago there was a small report describing several cases where HIV seroconversion took out to one year (antibodies didn't appear for 12 months). When that has been looked at over 99% of persons have a positive test by 12 months. If you are concerned I would get an HIV RNA test. If that is also negative then you are not infected and that should be a relief for you (as long as there are no new risky exposures). KH

low sodium in the blood
nodes