|low sodium in the blood
May 23, 2001
I recently had a cbc, and my sodium level was low it was 133. Is this a problem and why would it be so low?
Response from Dr. Boyle
A sodium of 133 is OK and at my hospital is considered in the normal range. I would not worry too much about this. If you feel uncomfortable, consider asking your doctor to repeat the test. Neither HIV nor HIV medications are generally associated with low sodium, unless there is some other medical condition (e.g. adrenal insufficiency) involved.
blood work question
6 or 12 months
- Facial Symptoms Of Hiv
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- How Do I Know If I Have Shingles?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching Anus?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Getting Scratched?
- Can You Get HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.