|low sodium in the blood
May 23, 2001
I recently had a cbc, and my sodium level was low it was 133. Is this a problem and why would it be so low?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
A sodium of 133 is OK and at my hospital is considered in the normal range. I would not worry too much about this. If you feel uncomfortable, consider asking your doctor to repeat the test. Neither HIV nor HIV medications are generally associated with low sodium, unless there is some other medical condition (e.g. adrenal insufficiency) involved.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can Cause A False Hpv Reading?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What A Shingles Rash Looks Like?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.