|low sodium in the blood
May 23, 2001
I recently had a cbc, and my sodium level was low it was 133. Is this a problem and why would it be so low?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
A sodium of 133 is OK and at my hospital is considered in the normal range. I would not worry too much about this. If you feel uncomfortable, consider asking your doctor to repeat the test. Neither HIV nor HIV medications are generally associated with low sodium, unless there is some other medical condition (e.g. adrenal insufficiency) involved.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Yeast Infection And Chlamydia
- Will Hpv Genital Wart Be Detected In A Pap Smear?
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Is The Most Common Medication Prescribed For Gonorrhea?
- Vaginitis And Yeast Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.