where to find info. about the blood
May 23, 2001
Where can I find helpful information to help me understand all of the test that the doctor does and what the abbreviations mean? Ex: SGOT, MCV, CCHC, MCH, CD56.
Response from Dr. Boyle
A general medical text will have an abbreviations list that will explain them, but a better way to get information is to ask your doctor for an explanation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blood In Food?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Cut On Lip?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Ear Piercing
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Condom Broke
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Piercing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.