May 16, 2001
After possible exposure 1&1/2 years ago, and multiple Antibody 1&2 tests, p24's and a PCR last week, what else could I do to rule out a rare strain? Would a t-cell count put this to rest? My body seems to be drying out; dry mouth, dry flakey skin on the arms and legs. The PCR last week showed undectable as low as 50 copies. Is this enough to rule out a rare strain? I ask this panel because my own Doctor did not even know what subtype "O" was. Please help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
T cell counts and testing are not specific or sensitive for the diagnosis of HIV infection. There has been enough HIV testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.