Unexplained hip and foot pain

I have unexplained hip that has been on going for about 10 months and neuropathy type pain in the feet and legs. I have been on HAART for the past 4 years and have had a nondetectable v/l for 3 and a half years. EMG's for the neuropathy are normal showing no neuropathy. MRI's on the brain, C-spine, thorasic spine, and the lower back are normal as well as a recent bone scan. Results on the last MRI of the hip are pending. Any ideas on where to look next? Thanks, Mark

I would urege you to see a good rheumatologist to better pinpoint the exact location and nature of your pain. It the MRI of the hip is normal that would make aseptic necrosis of the hip unlikely. You might want to consider a DEXA scan to assess for osteoporosis. It would be useful to know which HAART regimen you are on, what seems to help your pain and what worsens it. KH

lymphnodes
Subtype testing