Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Company Drug Test Happening Soon
Dec 30, 2015

I am starting a new job and the company has a drug test. I don't use any other drugs but I am on Atripla. From what I have read it can cause a false positive to THC. What is the best course of action for me? I have been told that if you tell the lab what your on, they can provide some kind of waiver or explaination of the results. This is going to happen quite soon, so if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Response from Dr. Henry

The efavirenz in Atripla can cause a false positive test for THC with some assays. Typically I have written a to whom it may concern note to employee health documenting that the employee has been prescribed a drug that can result in a false + THC test that the employee can either keep to have available in case the situations arises or can give to employee health proactively (often the note does not need to specify either the drug or the condition). KH

Previous
California's Medicare Part D Premium Payment Qualify As SPAP for SEP?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.