Tribuss

I was tested positive and 3mnts pregnant with CD4 count of 824.I took tribuss pills for only 2weeks, with vomiting and the swollen-like liver effect i went to the clinic and was told it will get better but it got worse instead because i vomit and nose bleed at the same time. I stopped taking pills completely and now 7 months preg. Everything is fine but i'm worried about the health of my child. Can i start on tribuss again?

The first weeks on Tribuss (Atripla in US) are often the roughest most often due to central nervous system side effects (weird dreams, trouble sleeping) but can include nausea (that can be made worse by pregnancy). The safety of Tribuss in your case has to be assessed by your doctor who should have the details of what type of liver problem you had and the availability of other HIV meds than might be used instead of the Tribuss. Ideally effort should to get you back on HIV Meds to drop your HIV level to as low as possible over the next 2 months. That would result in the lowest risk of transmission to your baby and allows for less concern about vaginal delivery. Various alternative approaches can be used depending on the situation (such as c-section, giving meds to baby and others). Good luck. KH

Rapid increase in CD4 & drop in viral load
Alcohol and Atripla