back to old meds

I had been taking combivir and efavirenz for 5 years, no side effects at all, 980 CD4 and undetactable. i am diabetic long before I became HIV poz. The thing is Venezuelan labs stopped bringing combivir, I stopped taking med for 48 hours then switched to Truvada+Efavirenz, I have been taking this for 3 weeks, now labs informed that we have combivir again. Can I go back to my old treatment, considering that I cannot have a resistance test and I had syphilis (cured), last result= 1/DLS?

If your renal function is OK and you are tolerating the Truvada + efavirenz OK (and price is similar for you) then I would consider continuing the Truvada and not switching back to the Combivir (should discuss with your HIV Provider who knows your situation best). Truvada is usually more effective and better tolerated over a long period of time than Combivir. KH

Nevirapine (immediate Release) and food
Out of Viramune, can I take only Turvada for month?