not undetectable yet
Jun 19, 2014
Dr. , I am from Brazil! I started my hiv treatment with a viral load of 36.000. After one month it went down to 245 and after three months to 152. I am worried because I am not undetectable yet! Is it normal? I never missed a dose, but some times on saturdays I take my meds a few hours later (when I have a party or birthday) Is it ok to take at these ocasions a few hours later?? I Am taking lamivudine, tenofovir and efevirenz. thank you
Response from Dr. Henry
Can often take 1-4 months to reach undetectable with a drop to very low levels seen early (as in your case) and then frequently a slower drop to finally get to < 48-50 copies. Your situation is not that unusual. Missing no doses and regular clinic visits for monitoring recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Clear Your Reproductive System Of Hpv Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.