Apr 15, 2014
Is it at all possible for an HIV "pateint" to suddenly die in their sleep?
Response from Dr. Henry
Sudden death (most often cardiac in origin due to heart attack or rhythm problem) occurs in the general population and is also seen in HIV+ persons. We have had several number of HIV+ persons in our clinic die suddenly though often had risk factors for heart disease (also sometimes history of alcohol or drug use which can increase risk for sudden death).The cause of sudden death in HIV+ patients is rarely due to AIDS. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used To Treat Gonorrhea?
- Symptoms Of Sore Throat Caused By Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.