Medication Timing is Everything

Hi Dr Henry

I am currently on Stribild. I know I am supposed to take it with either a 370 calorie low fat, or 800 calorie high fat meal (I prefer the low fat). I currently time my dose for around 1pm to take it lunch. The problem is I don't eat lunch everyday at the same time. I can eat lunch anywhere from +/- 1.5 hours off the normal schedule for 2-3 days at a time (as an example I may end up eating lunch at 2:30 one day, then the next at 11:30, back to 2pm the next, then I go back to around normal 12:45 - 1:15 for a few days, repeat cycle). My previous medication, Atripla was very forgiving with allowing for a dosage window.

My concern is that Stribild may be less forgiving and I may be doing serious harm to myself. Can you tell me if this timing variance is ok, or do I need to stick to taking it at exact the exact time every day, no matter what?

Thank you for your help!

For most patients variance in timing and caloric intake within the ranges you describe for yourself should be fine. I would inform your HIV provider so that she/he can monitor for any unexpected problems. KH

Recurring Rashes or Red patches. no fever.
Dolutegravir fail