Mar 29, 2014
Hello doctor I need your help,I am a nurse I was talking to a friend who is HIV positive he was complaining about his mouth sores but he was talking to me a liquid splatter from his mouth that hit my left eye and my lip. Im very scared. Am I at risk? He has 4 open mouth sores due to weak immune system. Wat if ders blood mix with saliva
| Response from Dr. Henry
Risk from splatter from mouth secretions to an eye/lip is basically zero=incredibly low risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do The Health Departments List People With Hiv?
- Is There No Risk Of Getting Hiv Through Fellatio?
- Can Hiv Symptoms Develop After Three Months?
- Which Cells Does The Aids Virus Attack?
- Hep A And B How Much Time Between 2nd And 3rd Shot
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.