Unsettling Labs

Im a 57 year male and diagnosed just last year. I just got my recent labs and found some rather upsetting results, especially within the CBC. The following are the tests that were flagged abnormal: WBC - 11.7 x 1000 (H) MHC 34.5 pg (H) LYM% - 11.7% (L); LYMPH# 1.40 K\cumm (N) NEUT% - 83.1% (H); NEUT# 9.70 K\cumm (H) I have not been sick recently in fact I feel very well. No fever. In fact my temperature is always a little below normal, but have had some significant weight loss. Doctor check lymph nodes and all were normal there he says. My CD4 count and percentages were still well in normal range, 793 and 55% respectively although the absolute count did fall a little over 35% since the last test was done. Ironically however, the percentage increased 3%. Im not any ART. I decided in the beginning to not start such until I hit a cd4 count of 500. Now Im second guessing! My doctor suggests re-doing labs in 6 months and stated that he felt everything would most likely balance out. I have to say that I dont have a lot of confidence in this ID but I live in a very rural area and dont have a lot of options in that regards. He is an hour drive and the nearest other would be another hour. I sometimes feel like he really doesnt care and or that concerned because of my age. I dont know, maybe thats just me. I guess that is why Im asking for another opinion and would very much appreciate it. You experts on TheBody.Com helping us with your input is really amazing help since some doctors out there are just too busy or less caring. Thanks for all you do. ~JR

The WBC count and lymphocyte count are quite variable even in the same person during a 24 hour period (and day to day as well) including in HIV negative persons. In the old days before we had HIV levels and tried to follow the trends in CD4 count to make treatment decisions we would make some effort to check the CD4 count at the same time of the day (there often is a diurnal variation with a 24 hour period). The levels you note are not clinically significant in most cases. KH

H. Pylori, can i stop haart ?
Redness on the face.