False Positive

Hello, Every since I started taking Sustiva, back in 2002, I have been giving false positives to Cannabis. Since I do not smoke, I used to tell the person at the lab about my prescription or even faxed my prescription to the testing lab so they know what's going on. Last week I had a urine test for a job that I have been in a hiring process for the last two months. To my surprise, they did not ask for prescriptions and refused to take the info. They also refused to give me the fax number of the testing lab so I can fax the prescription. Today I got an embarrasing email from the employer asking me to contact the lab since they have been trying to contact me. I called and I got s Dr which basically told me if my prescription does not contain mariguana then I most be using mariguana. He treated me like I was a drug addict and refused to take my Atripla prescription. He did not know what Atripla was and basically told me: "If the medication is giving you a false positive, then stop taking the medication". He also advised that he will send the results to the employer as Positive for Cannabis. Is this a new practice from the labs?? This does sound fair. This is horrible, to loose a job opportunity for a misundestanding or lack of info from the lab. Any idea if this is a new regulation on labs?

Recommend discussing with your HIV provider particularly whether she/he would write a letter describing the situation that can be provided to your employer. KH

Neuropathy
Tenoforvir Disoproxil Side Effects