CLA and Complera

My partner just bought some CLA at GNC for belly fat/weight loss. His is negative but I am positive. I am undetectable with t-cells over 1,000 (yes, 1005 last testing). Is this Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) 3000mg per day safe with Complera? Thanks, Dan

I am unsware of any study actually evaluating Complera with CLA. Good published data supporting the benefits of CLA is minimal. Below is summary from Wikipedia:

CLA is marketed in dietary supplement form for its supposed anticancer benefit (for which there is no evidence) and as a bodybuilding aid.[2]

A systematic review of the evidence found that, as of 2012, it did not convincingly show CLA to have a useful benefit for overweight or obese people, as it had no long-term effect on body composition.[4]

A 2004 review of the evidence said that while CLA seemed to benefit animals, there was a lack of good evidence of human health benefits, despite the many claims made for it.[3]

CLA has shown an effect on insulin response in diabetic rats, but there is no evidence of this effect in people.[18

Food increases absorption of the rilpivirine in Complera but the specific effect of CLA on absorption has not been studied. In general I would not expect there to be a major effect.

If any reader knows of a published study looking at CLA in HIV+ please post. KH

Bio-alcamid removal
I really need, a specialist response