Blood under nail
Mar 5, 2014
Dealing with an hiv patient my latex glove broke and some blood went on my thumb under my nail. I didn't have any open sore, cut or etc and I washed it within a couple of minutes. Is there any chance of any transmission?
Response from Dr. Henry
Extremely unlikely-would report to your employee health person for their advice based on local recommendations and known health status of the source patient. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get A Hep Titer After A Hep B Shot?
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Would Hiv Show Up In Blood Test Six Weeks After Exposure
- Why Do I Have Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.