|Blood under nail
Mar 5, 2014
Dealing with an hiv patient my latex glove broke and some blood went on my thumb under my nail. I didn't have any open sore, cut or etc and I washed it within a couple of minutes. Is there any chance of any transmission?
Response from Dr. Henry
Extremely unlikely-would report to your employee health person for their advice based on local recommendations and known health status of the source patient. KH
Can neuropathy occur with undetectable viral load?
Atripla and blood clots
- Does Rectal Bleeding Mean I Have Hiv?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Hpv Cause Pain?
- Does Pineapple Juice Help With Vaginitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.