CD4 Up and Down

Dear Dr. Henry.

I would like to ask you following about the results:

My last test two days ago shows 776 CD4, 36% and Viral load information I dont have yet. However 4 months ago I had 996 CD4 and percentage about 34% and Viral load 150 copies.

Why the CD4 dropped suddenly about 212 copies, since I am already one year on Truva, Prezista and Norvir?

Is it possible that this is due to stress or smoking or..?

Thank you

The CD4 count (and CD4%) are quite variable even in the same person in the same day and from day to day which is why those tests are often unhelpful markers particularly once the CD4 count is >> 350-500 (higher levels can see wider variability whether HIV positive or negative). US HIV treatment guidelines are moving to recommend checking the CD4 count only once yearly or even loss often than that for persons on effective ART with CD4 counts > 500 since ups and downs of the CD4 count in that setting has little clinical sigificance for the majority of patients. For following response to HIV treatment the HIV level is the key marker to follow particularly once CD4 count > 100-350. KH

Virday rash
Hello dr Henry, could you please help me manage side effects?