DILS ?

Hallo from Switzerland. I am pos. since 6 years and 27y.o and my CD4 is around 700 (went up and down but the lowest was 500 for a short time) and VL 5000- and never went higher than that. CD8 is above the normal range at 1200. and cd4-8 ratio is 0.8. I have peripheral neuropathy, dry mouth and dry eyes. In the hospital told me they think it is DILS. Is it even possible with such a good CD4\VL COUNT? and what kind of medications could solve it in case this is realy DILS? Thank you very much for your time.

Roni, Zürich, CH

Diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome can cause symptoms such as yours and though most often is seen in persons with a history of AIDS can be seen in patients with higher CD4 counts. Often not easy to treat either DILS or its rheumatalogic cousin Sjogrens syndrome. In DILS treatment with effective HIV meds often helpful. KH

HIV Medication with Diuretics
crushed