Jan 31, 2014
I've been on ARVs for the past 6 years. My buttocks, thighs and legs have shrinked is there anything I can do to minimise the muscle wasting?
Response from Dr. Henry
Muscle wasting is not common from HIV meds-fat wasting is more common. Both were more common with older HIV meds-which meds were you on and are you now taking? Assessment of hormone levels, activity, protein intake, and other health factors is important to determine the cause of weight loss and the degree of fat versus muscle loss. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Percentage Of People Have Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- Vitamin B Complex To Help Hpv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.