Jan 31, 2014
I've been on ARVs for the past 6 years. My buttocks, thighs and legs have shrinked is there anything I can do to minimise the muscle wasting?
Response from Dr. Henry
Muscle wasting is not common from HIV meds-fat wasting is more common. Both were more common with older HIV meds-which meds were you on and are you now taking? Assessment of hormone levels, activity, protein intake, and other health factors is important to determine the cause of weight loss and the degree of fat versus muscle loss. KH
HIV+ since 10/19/2009, Gastric Bypass 11/27/2007, CD4 320 High low 180 Undetectable Viral Load
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.