lymphnodes

Dear doc,

Is it VERY common for a newly infected hiv person to experience swollen lymph nodes on the neck??

how many days does the swollen lymphnodes subsides?? (10 days? months?)

In my case, I havn't feel any swollen lymphnodes on my neck, just hardening on my neck, during my 10 days burning sensation on my back.

is swollen lymphnodes and Persistent generalized lymphadenopathy are the same??

Hope for your usual and kind reply. Thank you.

That is highly variable but generally there is some persistence of swollen glands in the neck throughout the course of HIV infection. Many other conditions can cause that so that is very non-specific as a sign of infection. KH

AGAMMAGLOBULINEMIA