hey

am 34 yo and been on arvs for the past 5years...i was on stavudine, effiveren and lamivudine. last year i developed lipodystrophy..i had a swollen stomach which slowly continued till my arm became so thin..sugged butts, big breast and my thighs also became so thin.. my doc changed stavudine to zidovudine.. when i took zidovudine for four months, i suffered weight loss...my swollen stomach is now flat my face is ok...but my arms, thighs are still so thin...and my butt still sagging...this month i was switched to second line since my viral load kept on increasing and was given, lamivudine300mg and tenofovir tablets and lopinavir/ ritonavir... my body is full of blood veins showing from my arms to thighs even my legs...so am just curious to know if my body will ever reverse...my sagging butts? and if it will, for how long should i expecr to see changes? thank u.

Switching from zidovudine to tenofovir may slow the development of fat problems (loss of fat or gain of fat) but changes may be slow and are variable. Difficult but will need to be patients-switch seems wise under the circumstances. KH

Remicade and HIV
atripla scars and bloated stomach with truvada