Remicade and HIV

Hello. I am a 46 year old male living with HIV and Crohn's Disease. My last T-cell count was in the 400's and I am undetectable. I am currently on Stribild for my HIV medication. I recently had a very serious Crohn's Disease flare up and have been placed on high dosage steroids for treatment. Both my HIV and GI doctor agree that I need to get off the steroids quickly and start an IV treatment of Remicade. I would like to know if there has been any studies of the effects of Remicade in HIV patients, both short term and long term. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

IV+ patients doing OK on modern regimens usually do OK with Remicade (would have pharmacist review all of possible drug interactions for drugs you are taking if Remicade added). I have several HIV+ patients on Remicade and they have been doing fine. KH

Intergrase Inhibitors
hey