HIV + and cough

Hi I just started coughing and I am worried. Does every cough mean that its TB or is it possible to be just a cough that can be treated? How do I stop it from turning to TB?

You need to be evaluated for cause of your cough. Such an evaluation can include a complete history and physical examination, a chest xray, sputum analysis. In USA most coughs in HIV+ patients would not be due to TB whereas in some areas of the world TB is a much more common cause of a cough in the setting of HIV infection. Symptoms alone are often nonspecific so need a clinical evaluation. KH

vomiting
Atripla / Food - Dangerous or inconvenient?