HIV + and cough
Nov 6, 2013
Hi I just started coughing and I am worried. Does every cough mean that its TB or is it possible to be just a cough that can be treated? How do I stop it from turning to TB?
Response from Dr. Henry
You need to be evaluated for cause of your cough. Such an evaluation can include a complete history and physical examination, a chest xray, sputum analysis. In USA most coughs in HIV+ patients would not be due to TB whereas in some areas of the world TB is a much more common cause of a cough in the setting of HIV infection. Symptoms alone are often nonspecific so need a clinical evaluation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.