Numbness, Radiating Pain, Burning, Tingling.

For the past two months I have been dealing with some bothersome symptoms. It started with numbness in my right foot, then a week later in my right hand, and right side of body. It then moved into cranial type nerves at times. I have also had the numbness and radiating pain on my left side as well. I have had HIV for around 6.5 years. I have been on meds for 1.5 years. My CD4 count is 435 at last visit and am undetectable. I am on Reyataz, Truvada, Norvir Combo. I was wondering if the meds could be causing these symptoms, or if it is possible that the HIV itself could be causing inflammation in muscles that blocks off nerves, or related to the virus itself. I was also extremely physically active prior to numbness, and was wondering if bone thinning or anything could cause issues that would cause nerve issues in spine. Kind of a loaded question, but any insight would be helpful. My ID doctor doesn't seem to know the answers.

It would be very unusual for either HIV or HIV-drugs to cause neurologic symptoms in the pattern you describe (right sided first then facial then left sided), If persistent or progressive would consider seeking neurology consultation. If problems continue to be severe and no other explanation found then a trial switch to an alternative HIV regimen sometimes is considered for several months to observe any change in the pattern of the symptoms (ie switch off boosted PI to a NNRTI or integrase based regimen depending on treatment and resistance history). KH

Taking same hiv/aids meds for 8 years
Probiotics?