PEP and general aneasthesia

I am on PEP now, I was booked to have hernia repair operation under general anesthesia next week. Is it safe to have general anesthesia and operation while I am on PEP? I am so embarrassed to tell the doctor that I am on PEP. I prefer not to postpone the operation. I was thinking not to tell anything about PEP to the doctor ( surgeon) .

Recommend being forthright with the care providers you are trusting your health/life to. If you are on Truvada for PEP the risk for drug interactions is low-if on a 3 drug regimen then risk depends on which drugs you are taking (for example some HIV medications can have serious interactions with anesthetics used for surgery). KH

Side effects - Second Line Medicine
HIV+ and I feel very sick.