|PEP and general aneasthesia
Oct 30, 2013
I am on PEP now, I was booked to have hernia repair operation under general anesthesia next week. Is it safe to have general anesthesia and operation while I am on PEP? I am so embarrassed to tell the doctor that I am on PEP. I prefer not to postpone the operation. I was thinking not to tell anything about PEP to the doctor ( surgeon) .
| Response from Dr. Henry
Recommend being forthright with the care providers you are trusting your health/life to. If you are on Truvada for PEP the risk for drug interactions is low-if on a 3 drug regimen then risk depends on which drugs you are taking (for example some HIV medications can have serious interactions with anesthetics used for surgery). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.