Oct 30, 2013
I have stated using Tribus about two weeks ago and I'm battling to sleep at night, how long does this normally take? Is there any meds I can take to prevent this?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Sleep problems from the efavirenz in Tribuss (Atripla in US) often peak in first several weeks and usually taper off by 4 weeks with perhaps 5-10% of patients still having annoying problems beyond that. No easy answer re how to manage-could discuss with your HIV provider whether he/she would consider a sleeping meds. Avoiding heavy meals before taking, diphenhydramine or melatonin, switching dosing to mornings-all may variably help some patients.KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Itchy Vagina Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Sore Throat An Ars Symptom?
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.