Oct 18, 2013
I was taking duovir+efavir after 2month my hb come down to 3.8 then discontinued after blood tranussion and treatment improved to 10.6.again doctor advised to take duovir-N is it ok please advise
| Response from Dr. Henry
If there was no other explanation for your severe anemia then the AZT in Duovir is a likely cause and it would not be advised to take that drug. Substituting abacavir, tenofovir, or even stavudine for the AZT usually gets around the anemia problem--would discuss with your HIV provider what are your alternatives to AZT if any. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- INSERTIVE ORAL SEX WITH CUT ON PENIS
- Life Span Of Someone With Hiv Without Medication
- Sharing Drinks Cuts On My Lips Other Person Bleeding
- Sore Throat With No Other Symptoms Inside Window Period
- Under Rare Circumstances Do No People Not Develop Hiv Antibodies
- What Does Hiv Rash Look And Feel Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.