Understanding the counts
Oct 18, 2013
my friend has a viral load count of 76 and cd4 of 500, he just found out he has hiv, dont you think his viral load should be higher.
Response from Dr. Henry
If a person has anti-HIV antibodies but with a HIV level of 76 and a CD4 count of500 then they are in good shape HIV-wise for the time being. Elite controllers are HIV+ patients who maintain low or undetectable HIV levels without treatment (< 5% of patients) while long term non progressors are patients who maintain good CD4 counts (ie > 500) for many years without treatment (again < 5% of patients). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.