|Understanding the counts
Oct 18, 2013
my friend has a viral load count of 76 and cd4 of 500, he just found out he has hiv, dont you think his viral load should be higher.
| Response from Dr. Henry
If a person has anti-HIV antibodies but with a HIV level of 76 and a CD4 count of500 then they are in good shape HIV-wise for the time being. Elite controllers are HIV+ patients who maintain low or undetectable HIV levels without treatment (< 5% of patients) while long term non progressors are patients who maintain good CD4 counts (ie > 500) for many years without treatment (again < 5% of patients). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Spots After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.