Sep 20, 2013
does stalanev cause renal failure, if so after how long and what is the remedy
Response from Dr. Henry
Stalanev (I believe is a generic HIV drug containing stavudine, lamuvidoe, and nevirapine). Renal problems not common (more often due to HIV or other medicalproblems) but can occur sometimes in associaiton with other side effects from the medications. If drug is causing renal problem recommended to switch off the offending drug if alternative is available. Recommend discussing with the patient/s HIV doctor and possibly kidney specialist. KH
ARV Resistance 2
Possible blackout as side effect of meds?
- Can A Cbc Tell If There Is Hiv On A Person Who Has Not Been Tested For Hiv?
- I Feel Dizzy Am I Infected With Hiv
- Can You Kiss A Person Who Is Hiv Positive?
- How Many Times Can You Use The Needle For Finger Prick Test With Hiv?
- Difference Between Hiv Positive And Hiv Negative
- Is Foot Rash An Hiv Symptom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.