Protein in Urine

I was diagnosed for HIV in November 2011 and I have been taking Truveda,Ritonavir and Reyataz. I had a routine test recently and my doctor informed me that the test showed protein in my urine. My doctor told me that a second test will be done and suggested that I may need to stop taking Truveda if the second test shows similar result.

I am happy with the medication that I am taking now, as I do not have any other side effects so far. I have been undetectable for a long time and my CD4 count is over 750. I do not want to change my medication.

Is protein in urine a common side effect of Truveda? Assuming that the second test still shows protein in urine, is there any thing that I can do to stop the side effect without changing my medication?

o you make from this picture? Should I just monitor or take it more seriously and look for some other specialist?

Mild proteinuria is fairly common and can have many causes but has to be taken seriously and monitored. Monitoring for declining renal function, looking at amount and type of protein the urine, looking for other electrolyte problems that can be linked to tenofovir (such as phosphate adnormalities) are recommended.. If no other cause is found and there is evidence for declining renal function and measurable and increasing protein in urine then switching off the tenofovir (ie often use of abacavir would be considered if HLA B5701 negative). If the proteinuria is very mild and not progressive can often be carefully monitored.KH

I need help
Finding mental health care in Duval County, FL