Eating before & after taking my meds
Sep 10, 2013
Response from Dr. Henry
Generally not recommended to eat moderate/large meals soon (hours) before taking efavirenz due to concern about higher blood levels with possible higher rate of side effects. Drinking juices and other low fat liquids generally fine. For the other medications food does not generally have a major effect. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Best Way To Treat Genital Herpes?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Urethra
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.