stomach burning

hi, I used odimune, novavit plus and purbac ds for passed 6months I stoped to take purbac and novavit I use only odimune and DS 24 now my stomach start burn is Ds 24 supplement or is something? I start this meds on 140 cd4 after 4 months my cd4 increase to 375. I'm worried my next appointment is on October, please help me.

Odimune (Atripla in US) and Purbac (Bactrim or Septra in US) can cause some stomach complaints. The Purbac often can be stopped once the CD4 count has increased to > 200 (as in your case).I am not as familiar with Novavit plus-? if it is a vitamin supplement of some sort. Many conditions can cause stomach burning (ulcers, H pylori infection, use of other medications like ibuprofen, alcohol, stress, spicy foods, other infections) so ideally a clinical assessment is warranted. Of the medidcations you are taking most important to continue taking the Odimune until you can discuss situation with your doctor. It is generally safe to take stomach antacid pills and/or acid lowering medications with Odimune especially on short term basis so you may consider that to see if the symptoms improve. Again,ideally should discuss with your primary care or HIV doctor. KH

Hiv/Hep C
hiv+ with bleeding inside inflammed nostrils