15 and no signs of growing

My wife and daughter are both positive and all labs are good cd4 for both is over 600 and vl undetectable. However my daughter is just not growing and over the last two years has been progressively developing joint pains that are now reaching the stage where she can hardly walk due to knee pains.

She shows no signs of puberty and is the size of a 10/11 y.o. We have had her tested for Turners Syndrome she has had thyroid checks rheumatoid arthritis checks and many others all of which came back normal. She has seen a pediatric endocronologist who has prescribed half a pill of estrogen every two days but nobody can explain the joint pain. All the docs point to her meds saying they may be the cause. This is where the problem worsens. We live in Thailand and her meds are free but her doctor is totally unco-operative will not talk about anything and just says she has hiv she will take longer to develop than others. We accept that but it does not explain the chronic joint pain. Her daily regimin is Tenovir 300mg Lopinavir 200mg/Ritonavir 50mg and Lamivir 150mg in the morning and the same but without the Tenovir in the evening. Are any of these known to hinder growth in children and also are any of these known to cause such severe joint pains. I would also ask if anyone knows of any specialists in Thailand that i could contact for help.

The situation with your daughter sounds very challenging and heart breaking. To my knowledge growth/puberty retardation has not been specifically linked to her HIV medications though has been reported in context of pediatric HIV infection. Considering the possible combination of hormones needed for growth/puberty (ie estrogens, testosterone, growth hormone) is complex and often can tax the resources/talents of specialty sights even in the USA. If any reader has any advice/thoughts on this situation please post. KH

Generic Viagra
Whopping Cough,very swollen Lymph Nodes