difference between stocrin and aluvia

I am 18 yrs old. been hiv positive since birth. viral load has increased from 3000 to 13 000. I have been on stocrin and truvada for 8 yrs. my dr suggested changing stocrin to aluvia. I am concerned about the side effects. what is the difference between stocrin and aluvia. what are my other options.

Aluvia (lopinavir/ritonavir or Kaletra in US) is a boosted protease inhibitor thus an different drug from Stocrine (efavirenz or Sustiva in US). If the viral load is increasing while on Stocrine and you are taking the medications then it is highly likely that your HIV has mutated and is now resistant to Stocrine. In most cases the virus will still respond well to Aluvia so the recommendation to switch to Aluvia makes sense. The side effects from Aluvia are mainly stomach/gut related. Aluvia (Kaletra) is tolerated OK by most patients though initially the stomach can bload with increased gas and more loose stools-those complaints often improve over the first months of treatment. KH

body odor
Generic Viagra